Sunday, July 24, 2011
Hello from NH
Sorry.....we have been alittle busy! I will try to get organized soon and get caught up but I thought I would just fill you in alitte. Simon has started his life as a vet in Walpole NH - he has his first week :) I am very proud of him he is going to be a great Vet! so we flew into Boston on friday the 15th of July. After our busy day of getting everyone and everything to the airport in Glasgow - thankfully we have some great friends. Our friend wee Laura was going to help us get to the airport, and one of my other friends Gurdev Which I met at a bounce and rhyme when Cerys was a baby - we have daughters that are a couple weeks apart, as helped drive us - which was great not paying to get to the airport and little less stressfull! So as you know we have our dog cheyenne, our scottish cat Corrie Kitty, our 2 kids....then the stuff - a guitar, 2 carseats, 3 large suitcases, 2 small cases, a buggy to check - and our carry on stuff! We were quite a site I am sure! lucky for us Laura came inside to help us with all our stuff....little overwhelming in the airport! I really dont think it would of been easy without her help. Then had to say a sad goodbye, and off to get on the plane. We had a layover in Iceland - overall everything went great and we made it to the states - after 2 1/2 hours to iceland, then 5 1/2 to Boston. Our Brother James picked all of us up in Boston..chey was very glad to be off the plane. We drove to Shannon and Joes house, where we got settled in and hung out with some family. I am currently staying with Shannon in Joe, Simon is staying about a 1 1/2 hr away in walpole with his parents for work. As some of you may have seen from facebook - Cerys and Emma are getting to know their cousins. So that is my start of my updates...I have more to come! I just want to say a hugh thanks to all my great friends for everything they have done for either the going away partys, helping me pack, getting me to the airport, having a place to stay in the states. And big thanks to Joe and Shannon, and Mum and Dad Gascoyne for letting us stay with them until we actually get a place to stay. Also want to say Congrats to the Bennetts...they have a baby girl Piper Ann that thankfully was born early on thursday morning before we left Glasgow! ok more to come soon....and some photos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update. Sounds exhausting, but like you're doing great. Can't wait to hear more about your new life on the East Coast! XXOOXXOO
ReplyDeleteSo glad that the tough part is over and that you are getting settled. Give the girls a squeeze!
ReplyDelete