Tuesday, June 19, 2012

our little house....

Well I am loving living in a house with a big yard, flower beds and trees.  This year we wanted to plant a garden.  Since neither of us have really ever had a garden of our own....its time to garden.  ( my mom had a Hugh garden when I grew up, I have tons of memories- which I also want for the kids)   So we decided to do a raised bed - so with the help of my brother in law for starting the lumber, and my father in law for finishing it....we have a raised bed.  We started a small one this year - 10 x 4...just to make sure I can keep in under control and we will grow more next year.   So we planted a cherry and Roma tomato plant, beans, peas, carrots, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, kale and lettuce.   I know its alittle full but its our first we will learn.  So my mornings include going out with my coffee...usually still in my PJ's doing alittle weeding and watering.  I LOVE IT !   So I will keep you posted....here is some photos of Simon and the girls filling it with dirt,(end of May)  and what it looked like last week. 
















1 comment:

  1. Look at your HUGE yard! I love your garden. I also want to have a raised bed or two when we move. I have similar happy memories of a garden from my childhood, and have been pining for one (unrealistically?) throughout my many years of apartment living. Hope yours is a success! XO

    ReplyDelete