So the Closing on the house happened on the 22nd of Aug, While Simon and his boss Chuck - did all the house stuff - ( I dont know if you all know but chuck bought the house for us to rent - it was like we were buying the houses in some ways cuz we both went and looked at house ect.. and who knows we may own it one day down the road) I went to Boston With Simons Dad John and Brother Joe to Pick our Scotland Stuff being stored in Boston - after a stop getting the moving truck- Which took way longer then it should have - and a 26 Foot truck...which I didnt request! John driving into Boston to the frieght terminal to get our stuff, then back to Joe and Shannons where the girls and I had been staying. Joe and Shanon moved from Ohio to NH a month before we moved to NH, It was great to stay with them and get to know Shannon, Maya, Isaac and Joe better. We are extremely lucky to have a great family - thanks Joe and Shannon for all you have done for us, and making me feel very welcome! It was a good 6 weeks, it went by fast.Shannon and I did some good stuff with the kids in those 6 weeks, went to boston to a childrens measeam, farmers markets, parks, swimming and a trip to James and Kates in VT. Joe and Shannon had some stuff for us for the house, so we packed up the truck alittle more. Thankfuly Shannon suggested the girls stay the night with her, so I could stay with Simon at the new house and get some unpacking done. I had been away from Cerys a few times at night but really only one time away from Emma (the hospital visit) so it was kinda sad leaving them knowing that we were going to the new house without them - but it was a great idea in all. We did all but one crate into the house that night, then Simon went to work the next morning. John came over in the morning we went to my other Sister in laws house with the truck to pick up some more stuff - we are very lucky to have such great family! Then finally all unloaded, dropped off the moving truck. Shannon had offered to bring the girls to Walpole instead of me driving back to get them, which was super helpfull with me still unpacking and trying to get them so they had somewhere to sleep. We got a bed for Cerys from Debbie, and we shipped over Cerys Cot for Emma. Emma sleeping in a Cot and in her own room was a first which was all very exciting. Shannon, Maya, Isaac, Winter and Annabelle brought the girls over. It was great to show them around the new house. We are loving the room - much bigger then our cottage in Scotland - slowly getting use to closets, dishwasher, a dryer, a mover that doesnt have a power cord, we have a swingset for the girls in our back garden and the SUN! I have been horrible since just having a phone for taking photos but I will post a couple - I will write more soon....if your still interested! HA!
These are some more photos from the 6 weeks with shannon! As you will see we had great fun!
 |
| Boston |
 |
| lucky Shannon has a car big enough for all of us! |
 |
| Emma loved Maya car |
 |
| many art mornings with auntie Shannon |
No comments:
Post a Comment