You will probley here me say this alot the next couple months.....but thinking about my upcoming move is so bittersweet. I love my life in Scotland (ok Simon could be home a bit more, we could have a bit more money but?) I love that we started our life here, that we became a family here, that I have seen and heard differnt things, sayings, people, outfits..... I would of never known how many accents come from not only just Glasgow but all the differnt parts of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Ireland......really to think about it - all of the uk is about as big as Texas. I am going to try to have Cerys hold on to her cute little accent as long as I can...but really I dont think its going to be long.( As Simon had one when he moved to the States when he was like 6 he had a very cute accent- it didnt last long either) As I type she is playing with the buggy and her dolly saying that they need to go to the petrol station. So bloody cute ! I have loved getting to know Simons relatives over here - just yesterday we had Simons uncle and auntie (Simons dads sister) come to visit. Our relatives that I will miss the most from Scotland are Simons moms sister's family - Ingrid, Paul, Ruth and Hannah - they have been so amazing. I could go on about them but then this blog is going to get really long - I will just say that they have made me feel like I have a wonderful close family over here, and they have been there for us esp when Emma broke her leg! I have been blessed to move somewhere a million miles from home and feel at home! As I sit here and start to get emotional...which doesnt take much right now. This morning I went into nursery to have the girls photos taken, I think you all know the girls are only in 2 days a week monday and Friday when I am at work - but their nursery has been wonderful - I cant imagine anywhere else that I would want them to be while I have been at work here in Glasgow. I handed in my 1 month notice to the nursery last week...so when I walked in today one of the girls that is actually in the 3-5 year room - which none of my children are actually in yet. Said " I cant talk to you...I cant belive you are leaving us..... Her name is Janice- we will miss her too! So many of the girls are just great at....Gemma our favorite from Cerys room, came and gave her a extra big hug today. I think my last month at the nursery are going to be filled with some tears.
Dont get me wrong, yes I will miss Scotland my friends I have made, my family, driving on wrong side of the road, going to Castles all the time......but I am also excited for Dr Gascoyne to start his new life not being in Uni. He is very excited to start at the Vet clinic in Walpole, and we are excited to be by family - I have some great in laws! It will be a new adventour, and I have never lived on the East coast - I have will fun getting to see some new things, and getting to know the Gascoyne side of the family even more.
No comments:
Post a Comment