Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I ran.....

I know I say this every couple months but .....really I need to get on this blog updating.!  I truly have had a amazing year....I have to go back a few months to catch up on a special event in my life.   I ran my first half marathon May 10th, 2014!   I use to run in Boulder, then Scotland running fell to the waste side of having Glasgow fun, being pregnant, working and having a family.   So when we moved back to the USA we got a treadmill so that I could try to get back into it with kids its hard to run outside.   The most I ever ran in Boulder was just over 6 miles.  So the first time I broke the 6 miles I knew I could do it...I signed up for the Half!   I am lucky that I have good friends in Walpole, not only did Erinn watch my kids on sat's so that I could get my long runs in but they also all came up to cheer me on.   I did the race in Alton Bay which is up north in NH,  the coarse is hilly but Walpole is hilly so I felt I was ready.   I am very proud of myself and ran it in 1:50 mins!  Thanks to the Bowmans, Richardsons, Caserta's and my family for supporting me. And Erinn for watching my kids on Saturdays so I could get my long runs in.   We had a great time at the cabin on lake after the race.  I look forward to the next one in May 2015 !  


my cheering section

after drinks and relaxing at the Caserta lake cabin

the ladies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment